The Best Vegan Easter Ever!
by Bridie Chandgera - Easy VeganⓇ
Ideas to make your vegan Easter go with a hop, skip and a jump...
Vegan Easter chocolate bunnies are a favourite with children
Everything For a Fabulous Vegan Easter
Easter traditions have changed a lot over the years and vegans often find themselves struggling to satisfy their children at this time of year.
Shops are full of chocolate Easter eggs, Easter themed sweets, hot cross buns and colourful Easter cake to tantalize and tease us at the checkout.
The problem is, even with vegan awareness gaining momentum, many products on offer are full of non-vegan ingredients such as cow's milk, eggs, honey and gelatin to name a few.
Don't worry, help is here...
Easy Vegan have researched, gathered, vetted & chosen some fun ideas for everyone.
Do you know what the main thing you need for a happy Vegan Easter is;
Ingredients! Whether it's making your own Easter Eggs or playing your favourite Easter games, here is where we bring ideas to you some fun ideas.
Did you know the Easter Bunny is Vegan? There isn't a soul anywhere that can testify to a bunny eating anything other than greens and fruit!
And there certainly isn't an Easter Bunny that thinks eating dairy is a good idea. Bunnies don't drink milk or eat eggs, and honey gives them an upset tummy too.
That's why a Vegan Easter is the best kind. Kinder ingredients with tastier wholefood options that won't have your children climbing the walls with additives, sugar and e-numbers!
What Makes a Vegan Easter Egg Tasty?
Discover a delicious vegan Easter Egg recipe idea, Easter egg hunt tips, Easter crafts for curious kids and a whole lot more.
Plus, we have an exclusive freebie for you! Click here to see
How about 5 Fun Vegan Easter Activities for the children
full of Easter games for kids parties that will keep your little bunnies entertained.
We've packed this blog full of Easter traditions, to make your own and turn this Easter into a vegan easter you'll never forget.
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."
Lucy Van Pelt
An old favourite turned vegan 'Dark Chocolate and Salted Caramel Easter Egg'.
It's as easy as 1,2,3...
... all you require is a few utensils and off you go, these eggs are a great homemade present for friends and family too.
What you need before you begin: A good quality easter egg mould, your choice of size and shape, a thermometer and of course the usual bowls, spatulas and spoons.
That's pretty much it except for good quality ingredients together with the most important ingredient of all;
Time, time to have fun and make some Easter memories.
For the Egg:
- 500g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids, chopped into small pieces (Madagascan is great with salted caramel)
- Easter Egg mould
Tips for tempering chocolate:
Always use a glass or metal bowl for melting and tempering.
Ceramic bowls are slow to warm up and cool down, which means you’ll struggle to get the right final temperature for tempering chocolate for your scrumptious vegan easter eggs.
For the Filling:
- 150g plant-based butter
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 50 ml water
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt, crushed
- 150ml Alpro single cream
What to do next...
For the caramel, it's quite simple:
- In a small saucepan add sugar, salt and water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, cook until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and cook until deeply golden, without stirring, 4 to 5 minutes more. (If you're using a thermometer, you want it to reach 175°C).
- Once the caramel is a deep copper colour, turn off heat and immediately stir in cream and butter. Mixture will bubble up so be careful! Let cool slightly in pan, then transfer to a container to cool completely.
- You can add a little more sea salt if desired.
- If you are making this filling for these eggs with your children, please do not let them taste the caramel until it is fully cooled.
Now for the chocolate egg, don't be afraid, the fun is in the making, get messy, have a play!
- Finely chop 500g dark chocolate. Smaller amounts make it difficult to control the temperature changes.
- Place two-thirds of the chocolate in a double boiler or metal bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Place a cooking thermometer or digital thermometer in the chocolate and stir frequently with a rubber spatula. Do not let the temperature of the chocolate exceed 50°C for dark chocolate or 40.5°C for milk or white chocolate.
- When the chocolate has fully melted, remove the bowl from heat. Wipe the bottom of the bowl to get rid of any condensation.
- Stir in the remaining third of the chocolate a little at a time. Let it melt before adding more.
- Let the chocolate cool to about 28°C. If it is warmer, keep stirring and let it cool some more. If it is cooler, begin reheating in the next step.
- Once the chocolate is 28°C, place it back over simmering water. For dark chocolate, reheat to 31°C to 32°C. For milk and white chocolate, reheat to 28°C to 30°C. Remove the bowl from heat once you have reached the right temperature.
- Spread a small spoonful of chocolate on a piece of wax paper. If it looks dull or streaky, re-temper the chocolate, starting with step 2. If it dries quickly with a glossy finish and no streaks, the chocolate is in temper.
Curiouser and curiouser Easter fact...
... Easter falls on a different date every year. This is due to the Paschal full moon that falls on various days in different time zones.
Easter falls on a Sunday after the spring equinox, and always occurs on a Sunday between 22nd March & 25th April.
Most years Easter lands itself in April which it happen to do this year, but there are a few exceptions.
Take a look at some past and future dates...
- 2013 Sunday, 31 March
- 2014 Sunday, 20 April
- 2015 Sunday, 5 April
- 2016 Sunday, 27 March
- 2017 Sunday, 16 April
- 2018 Sunday, 1 April
- 2019 Sunday 21 April
- 2021 Sunday, 4 April
- 2022 Sunday, 17 April
- 2023 Sunday, 9 April
- 2024 Sunday, 31 March
- 2025 Sunday, 20 April
- 2026 Sunday, 5 April
- 2027 Sunday, 28 March
You will never be late again with Easy Vegan's Top 5 Easter Activity Ideas...
A delicious fact...
76% of people who get chocolate Easter Bunnies for Easter bite their ears off first, 5% go feet first and 4% give the tail a little nibble.
Easter Egg Hunt Clues and Answers for the little ones inside...
- Find me in the kitchen, I'm chilly all year round. (fridge)
- I am where you put your clothes, on the most bottom shelf. (dresser)
- I have two hands but I can't pick anything up. (clock)
- I get filled with water but I’m not a shower, It’s in me you would put
a beautiful flower (vase)
- I am something that has a plug but there’s no electricity, I’m in your bathroom and kitchen so come and find me (sink)
- I hold the books you like to read. (book shelf)
- Check the item that you put on your feet in to go outside! (shoes)
- You put bread in me, and it comes out nice and warm. (toaster)
- I wash your clothes and go around and around. (washing machine)
- I’m something in your bedroom, you can find inside a case, I’m used by you every night as it’s where you rest your face (pillow)
Easter Egg Hunt Clues and Answers for the little ones outside...
- What has windows and doors but is not a house. (car)
- You step on me every day before you leave the house. (door mat)
- I have 4 legs but cannot walk (kitchen table)
- I am green and I grow, and what you mow! (grass)
- I love the outside, and have many green leaves. I grow big and tall and you love to climb on me! (tree)
- If you can’t see the Easter Bunny’s bushy tail, be sure to check the mail. (mailbox)
- Don’t touch me if I’m on. I make a sizzling sound when I am used. (BBQ)
- I hold flowers in my base, and love to be watered. (flower pot)
- You can go under me when you go up to bed at night. (Stair cupboard)
- A bedroom for your car. (garage)
The Easy Vegan team wishes you all a wonderful vegan Easter, stay safe and have fun.
There is nothing more important than family time, and there is no better time than right now, so go ahead create new memories and have a little fun along the way!!!
It's Easy to Switch & Stay Vegan
The Easy Vegan App scans and examines your current shopping list and substitutes each product with a delicious vegan alternative - ethical, sustainable and utterly cruelty-free shopping.
The Easy Vegan Platform and App is a complete personalised plant-based guru-in-the-pocket for transitioning meat-eaters and vegetarians.
Get early VIP access to the Easy Vegan App and see how easy it is to 'Switch & Stay' vegan for life.
Easy Vegan 30 Day Switch and Stay Try-Out Challenge.
With GPS tracking and intelligent AI learning technology built-in, your transition to a clean, healthy and contribution-based lifestyle starts with an Easy Vegan 30 Day Switch and Stay Try-Out Challenge.
Easy Vegan has partnered with several of the best vegan brands to bring our subscribers some super deals and coupons for an outstanding selection of beautiful vegan products.
Sign up below...
Easy Vegan Vine Newsletter
Vegan Vine Newsletter
Get the Vegan Vine monthly environment-friendly topical online newsletter covering animal welfare, eco issues and longevity tips and news. It's completely free and comes hassle-free straight to your inbox. Read vegan celebrity gossip, trending fashions & the very best in vegan recipes too.
Enter your email below for the next edition...